Monday, April 20, 2009

Here's a picture prompt~



I love this picture. My husband took it during one of our visits to Sedona.

Prompts:

Write about the first thought that came to mind when you looked at this picture.
What sort of conversations could take place on this bench?
What if it were a magic bench?
What if the person who sat on it last dropped something underneath the bench -- and you found it--what would make a good story???
You could begin with: I sat on the bench thinking about...
or The man poured himself onto the bench, his lips blue, his face gray and chalky...

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful image and a great jumping off point for writing. Thanks Cindy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Or...I could hardly catch my breath as I completed the first part of my run. I could see a resting place just ahead. Plopping down on the bench, the cold concrete felt good on the aching muscles of my over-wintered backside. I sank into the stone wall, resting my back against it. I closed my eyes, half in exhaustion, and half simply basking in the delight that I had done it! I had picked my flabby body off of the sofa that had become my best friend, and resolved to get back in shape. But, if I am to truly be successful, I am going to have to dig deep to get myself up and go again. The one-block run would not be enough to reach my goals. Perhaps I should start by walking.

    ReplyDelete